- Crowdsourcing to publish The Social Capoeira Movement and Its Activists book
- Show Macaya: Celebrating Brazilian Culture and Syncretism
- Povo de Cor Festival and the Social Capoeira Movement in Sete Lagoas
- Communicating New forms of Belonging in the Transnational Space of Capoeira
- Encontro de Capoeira na Fazenda 33
Cordão de Ouro
"Cordao de Ouro" is the oldest capoeira movie. It was created in 1977 by Antonio Carlos da Fontoura. In the movie you will see Mestre Nestor Capoeira, Mestre Camisa, Mestre Peixinho, Mestre Lua Rasta and hear the music of Mestre Leopoldina.
The movies tells the storie of the regime in Brazil and Jorge (Mestre Nestor Capoeira) who is a runaway slave from the Eldorado goldmines. In his battle with the local dictator Jorge meets different elements of the Afro-Brazillian culture, icluding capoeira, maculele, candomple and etc. Will Jorge manage to unslave?
The trailer below shows Mestre Nestor Capoeira and Mestre Leopoldina playing the berimbau.
Back to Capoeira Movies
Apr 30, 2011